Starwood plans 3 new hotels for Dubai
Dubai, April 26, 2012
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has signed an agreement with UAE-based conglomerate Al Habtoor Group to open three hotels in Dubai – the first St Regis in Dubai, a stylish W Hotel and a new Westin.
Located on a one million sq ft property on Sheikh Zayed Road, the development will add 1,675 rooms to the city when they open in 2017.
Starwood currently operates 15 properties in Dubai, representing the second largest concentration of the company’s hotels in a single city outside of New York.
“We are delighted to partner with Al Habtoor Group on this ambitious development which marks an important milestone for us in Dubai,” said Roeland Vos, president, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East.
“Dubai has surged over the years as a top destination for international travelers. This landmark project underlines Starwood’s commitment to continued growth in the region and further strengthens our long-established position as one of the leading hotel operators in the Middle East.”
Khalaf Al Habtoor, chairman of Al Habtoor Group said he looks forward to building a new landmark in Dubai with the project.
“We are excited to partner with Starwood in bringing three of their world-class brands together for this monumental project. This iconic project will offer Dubai a unique and popular destination to experience the finest hospitality with a fine range of dining and entertainment options all in the same vicinity.”
Located in a prime business location overlooking the Burj Khalifa near the Dubai International Financial Centre and Business Bay areas, each hotel will feature a distinct food and beverage component, signature spas and offer spectacular views of the city’s vibrant skyline.
The development will also feature a one-of-a-kind destination entertainment theatre surrounded by exquisite landscaped gardens on over 500,000 sq-ft of land.
The St. Regis Dubai will feature 241 luxuriously-appointed guest rooms, including 49 elegant suites. The hotel will also offer extensive state-of-the-art meeting and event space as well as a wide range of luxury experiences with eight distinctive culinary, lounge and bar venues, a signature spa, swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center and an 8,600 square-foot St. Regis ballroom.
The new W Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road will comprise 384 stylish guest rooms including 88 suites, four WOW Suites and one Extreme WOW Suite (W’s take on the Presidential suite).
The hotel will offer eight contemporary dining venues, the signature W Lounge (W’s reinterpretation of the traditional hotel lobby), WET pool deck, SWEAT state-of-the-art fitness center, a signature spa and contemporary meeting and event spaces, including the W Great Room. Guests will also enjoy the W brand’s signature Whatever/Whenever service philosophy, providing guests whatever they want whenever they want it.
The Westin Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road will feature 1,050 guest rooms and 129 suites. The hotel’s guest rooms and suites will be outfitted with the renowned Westin Heavenly Bed as well as the Heavenly Bath.
Other signature features will include the Westin Heavenly Spa, consisting of six treatment rooms and the WestinWORKOUT fitness facility offering state-of-the-art equipment. The hotel will also offer six distinct food and beverage outlets and more than 26,000 sq ft of ultra-modern meeting and event space including The Westin Ballroom, 14 meeting rooms and a business center. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan