Dubai Aerospace net income up 110pc
Dubai, April 24, 2012
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) said its full year net income for 2011, excluding non-recurring items, surged 110 per cent to hit Dh298.7 million ($81.3 million) compared to Dh142.6 million the previous year.
DAE is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing.
The Dubai-headquartered company said its revenue for the full year increased to Dh6.62 billion from Dh5.92 billion, while its net income grew 10-fold from Dh37.8 million in 2010 to Dh447.1 million.
On the results, DAE chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum said: “I am pleased with the way in which DAE built on its market position in 2011 and reported record revenues and profits for the year.”
Managing director Khalifa H. AlDaboos said: “DAE demonstrated its earnings power in 2011 with each division contributing towards the record results of the company. Our strong equity base allows us to be a long-term competitor in our chosen markets.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief