Jumeirah Group appoints new COO
Dubai, April 19, 2012
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company, has announced the appointment of Nicholas Clayton as chief operating officer and the retirement of Guy Crawford as chief executive officer.
Nicholas Clayton joins Jumeirah Group, a Dubai Holding company, from the Viceroy Hotel Group where he was President and later CEO. In that role he led a team of 3,500 colleagues in 15 properties to deliver the highest standards of excellence.
Guy Crawford, the Jumeirah Group’s chief executive officer, in his 10 years with the company, helped build Jumeirah into one of the most successful global luxury hospitality brands.
“We are immensely grateful to Guy Crawford for his tireless and energetic contribution to Jumeirah. He will leave behind an enduring memory of his tremendous passion for the business as well as a huge appetite for the unexpected challenge. We wish Guy and his family every happiness for the future,” said Gerald Lawless, executive chairman of Jumeirah Group.
“The company is also delighted to welcome Nicholas Clayton as chief operating officer. He comes at a time of significant expansion with the company doubling the number of hotels under management from 2011 to 2012 and now having a presence in 11 countries round the globe. His experience and leadership skills will help steer the company towards continued success and profitable growth in key markets,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return