Gordon Ramsay restaurants to open in Doha
Doha, April 18, 2012
The St Regis Doha has announced that it will open two Gordon Ramsay restaurants in May.
Headed by Michelin-starred chef Gilles Bosquet, both restaurants will provide food enthusiasts with culinary delights inspired by Gordon Ramsay, one of the world’s most famed chefs, a statement from the hotel said.
Set to launch on May 1, Gordon Ramsay Doha will offer fine-dining experiences in an intimate setting, while Opal will serve western classics in a relaxed bistro-style environment from May 15.
Tareq Derbas, general manager at The St. Regis Doha. “A great deal of effort and detail has been put into perfecting these culinary experience for both casual diners and gourmet enthusiasts, and we are confident that these restaurants will elevate Doha’s fast-growing dining scene to the next level.”
“It’s fantastic to be opening two new restaurants in the St Regis hotel, which is going to be an amazing resort, in a fabulous city,” said Gordon Ramsay. “The restaurants are beautifully designed. The very best of our traditional dishes will be served as well as some exciting new ones.”
Designed by Rockwell Group Europe, Gordon Ramsay Doha is a modern take on the features of a classical English manor, with ivory whites, greys, and accents of warm colour.
The arrival experience is defined by an indoor conservatory furnished with sofas and chairs that reinterpret the classic Chesterfield sofa in contemporary fashion and fabrics.
Among the signature dishes on offer include Chef Gordon Ramsay’s famed ravioli of lobster, shellfish and salmon, and Chef Bosquet’s signature cannelloni of wild mushrooms with black truffle emulsion. For an ultimate experience, diners can opt for the seven-course tasting menu.
Prior to The St Regis Doha, Chef Bosquet worked for the Gordon Ramsay Group at The Connaught’s Michelin Star restaurant in London. He has also worked in France, where he was sous chef at La Pyramide, a two-star Michelin restaurant in the heart of Paris, before joining a French countryside restaurant, where he was awarded his first Michelin Star.
Ahead of his new position he has spent time with Gordon Ramsay’s team in London and brings years of experience to the menu at Gordon Ramsay Doha.
Opal by Gordon Ramsay Doha offers indoor and outdoor seating with extensive views of the Arabian Gulf. The restaurant will provide a relaxed alternative, with a range of popular favourites executed to perfection such as crispy chicken wings, freshly-diced fish ceviche, impeccably-seasoned steaks with homemade garnish and a pizza menu.
Guests who wish to experience the hotel and sample some of the flavours can benefit from the ongoing opening offer, which is valid until June 30. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador