Jordan MICE centre names sales director
Amman, April 9, 2012
King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Centre (KHBTCC), a leader in the MICE business in Amman and managed by Hilton, has recently appointed Jan Heesbeen as a director of Sales and Marketing.
With more than 13 years of Middle East experience, six of which in Jordan, Heesbeen has a keen understanding of the international opportunities and local challenges of marketing Jordan’s tourism abroad, a statement said.
Naif Zureikat, general manager of KHBTCC, said: "With such vast experience and innovative sales and marketing talent, Jan Heesbeen will be a valuable asset to the team.”
“His proven track record in managing complex multi-cultural marketing teams while achieving large global sales objectives will undoubtedly help us build on our current successful model and enhance the appeal of our convention centre to our customers world-wide.”
Heesbeen steps into his new role with passion and excitement as he has extensive and direct contacts with all of Jordan’s tour operator network as well as hotel managers and owners, the statement said.
Located at the heart of the Jordan Valley by the Eastern shores of the Dead Sea at the lowest point on earth, the KHBTCC was established in 2005. It sits over 24,000 sq m with its 25 halls with state-of-the-art facilities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia