St Regis Doha welcomes first guest
Doha, April 1, 2012
The St Regis Doha, of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, which currently operates nearly 50 hotels in the Middle East, welcomed its first guest on March 31, as the hotel opened its doors to the public for the first time.
The legendary St Regis butlers lined-up in the lobby to join general manager Tareq Derbas in welcoming Leonardo Ferragamo, chief executive officer of Ferragamo Group.
“We have all been waiting for this moment to come,” said Derbas.
“The uniforms are fitted, the chefs are cooking and the butlers are ready to provide guests with the highest levels of bespoke experience; it is a truly special moment to see the hotel coming to life and a pleasure to welcome Ferragamo as our first guest.”
To celebrate its launch, The St Regis Doha has introduced an opening offer, which is valid until June 30. The rate starts at QR1,900 ($521) per night for a superior room and offers complimentary benefits including a Jazz at Lincoln Center welcome gift, in-room Wi-Fi internet access, a 30-minute Remede spa massage and a St. Regis afternoon tea ritual in Sarab Lounge. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas