Starwood launches meeting planner portal
Washington, March 20, 2012
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has launched a new simple, engaging and intuitive website for meeting planners and delivers relevant and comprehensive content for all phases of the meeting planning process.
The new Starwoodmeetings.com is the result of an extensive research effort that included looking at today’s best practices and interviewing customers to determine how best to bridge Starwood’s online resources with the on-site services provided by properties, a statement said.
StarwoodMeetings.com enables one to research meetings at more than 1,000 Starwood properties worldwide and provides rich property content and key information on Starwood’s brands and growing global footprint.
Meeting planners now have full property details complete with hotel features, integrated maps with points of interest, photos and floor plans, on-site meeting services, a Compare View tool to compare hotels, special offers, and meeting management tools on an easy to navigate site.
The new site also includes information on signature services including Starwood Preferred Planner, Starwood Convention Collection, On-Site Specialty Events, and Starwood’s sustainability and social responsibility initiatives.
“StarwoodMeetings.com was designed to increase the ease of doing business with Starwood,” said Christie Hicks, senior vice president, Starwood Sales Organization.
“We listened to feedback from our customers and developed a tool which gives them easy access to information they need throughout the planning cycle. We look forward to hearing our customer’s feedback as we continue to evolve the site to meet the needs of meeting planners around the world.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport