Etihad inks deal with cruise specialist
Abu Dhabi, March 18, 2012
UAE national carrier Etihad Airways said it has signed a deal with Century Travel to enable members of its frequent flyer program, Etihad Guest, to earn miles when booking luxury cruises.
As per the agreement, Etihad Guest members will earn one guest mile for every dollar spent on a luxury cruise with any of the cruise operators represented by Century Travel. These operators include Crystal Cruises, Holland America, Seabourn, Oceania Cruises and Windstar.
Etihad Airways chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said: "Etihad Guest, which has more than 1.4 million members, is always looking for new and innovative ways for our loyalty program members to earn or burn guest miles."
"This global partnership with Century Travel will allow our members to earn miles when booking a luxurious cruise holiday," he noted.
“We very much look forward to working closely with Century Travel over the coming months and years to develop a strong and lasting partnership that will benefit our members,” he added.
Century Travel CEO Daniel Essex said, "Partnering with Etihad is excellent news for Century as we continue to work to deliver a truly premium cruise experience. Linking up with a major airline allows us to deliver a responsive service and meet the individual needs of customers."-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall