Al Bustan Rotana Dubai names director HR
Dubai, March 15, 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai, the flagship property of Rotana Hotels, has appointed Bilal Mehdi as its new director of Human Resources.
Originally from Lebanon, Mehdi brings with him a decade of experience in the hospitality industry. He has established his career in Rotana as he joined the company back in 2004, whilst having the opportunity to work in various properties in Lebanon, Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Prior to moving to his current role at Al Bustan Rotana, he was the director of HR at Fujairah Rotana Resort and Spa.
Mehdi said: “Gone are the days when HR is merely a support group in charge of hiring and firing colleagues. In today’s world, HR is responsible for key aspects such as employee retention, benefits, employee satisfaction, motivational activities and more. Hence, it is a must that every HR professional is a people person.”
With his new role at Al Bustan Rotana, Mehdi will be looking after almost five hundred employees.
“Al Bustan Rotana is a great property with a highly professional team of hoteliers. The property has established its name and has busy operations all year round. I am delighted to be part of this organization and I look forward to sharing my contributions in the field of Human Resources to ensure its continuous success,” Mehdi added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest