New GM named for InterContinental Doha
Doha, March 12, 2012
InterContinental Hotels Group has appointed Renzo Cavagliotti as general manager of the new InterContinental Doha The City.
The veteran hotelier brings a wealth of global experience to Doha, having worked within the hospitality industry for more than 30 years.
“There has a really positive response – locally, regionally and internationally – to this truly landmark hospitality offering in Qatar, and the hotel is poised to provide a new vantage point to experience Doha’s highlights in the coming weeks and months,” said Cavagliotti.
A native of Italy but with vast experience across the Middle East, Cavagliotti has worked with the InterContinental Hotels Group around the globe, including roles at regional head offices and within hotels in the United States of America, Brazil, Indonesia, Spain and The United Kingdom.
Making its debut in February this year, InterContinental Doha The City is the latest offering from the leading global hotel group. Highlights of the architecturally stunning 58-storey property include six restaurants and two lounges. In the coming weeks, the hotel will feature the city’s highest dining experience along with an in-house chocolatier and a traditional Lebanese restaurant. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline
- Qatar Airways buys up to 9 Boeing 777-300ER
- Jazeera secures $90m loan for buying aircraft
- 5 Hilton hotels in Egypt win regional honours