Mövenpick to showcase expansion plans
Dubai, March 12, 2012
Upscale Swiss hospitality company Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts will showcase its expansion plans across the Middle East and Asia at a major upcoming MICE event in Abu Dhabi.
The Gulf Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (GIBTM) will run from March 26 to 28 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec). This year marks the fourth time Mövenpick has taken part in GIBTM.
Mövenpick has 10 hotels under development in the Middle East – including properties in the UAE and Saudi Arabia – and 14 new projects in Asia. It already has 25 hotels in the Middle East and seven in Asia.
Toufic Tamim, vice president Sales & Marketing, Middle East Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, said: “As the travel industry continues to adapt to a challenging landscape, exhibitions such as GIBTM are an important barometer of business trends.'
“We have seen worldwide economic challenges in the past year and new social dynamics in parts of the Arab world. Now more than ever it is important to understand how the MICE business is changing, how we can work together in a constantly evolving business environment and, most importantly, how we can all adapt to succeed.”
2012 is shaping up to be a significant year for the Middle Eastern MICE industry, the vice president said, and expectations are high that there will be an increase in intra-regional corporate meetings; improved incentive business as well as strong performances from the Russian and Indian incentive market to the UAE.
“A key company focus is also the development of the Chinese incentive market which has the potential to triple within a few years,” Tamim said. “We have already opened our sales office in Shanghai, translated our website into Chinese and planning workshops and road shows throughout China.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador