Etihad ups baggage allowance for premium guests
Algiers, March 1, 2012
UAE's national carrier Etihad Airways, in a major move, has increased its baggage allowances for all premium Pearl Business class and Diamond First class guests by 10kg.
Those travelling in Pearl Business class will now have an allowance of 40kg, and guests in Diamond First class will have an allowance of 50kg, the airline said in a statement.
Etihad Airways chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said: “We are delighted to be able to reward our premium guests and loyalty program members with an additional luggage allowance. At Etihad, we are always looking to make the experience of flying as simple, convenient and rewarding as possible.'
Under the scheme, members of the Etihad Guest frequent flyer program travelling in the Diamond First class or Pearl Business class cabins too will be able to enjoy additional baggage allowances.
For example, an Etihad Guest Gold member will now be able to take as much as 65kg of baggage when flying in Diamond First class.
'We believe this increased allowance will prove very popular with our guests,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers