Etihad ups baggage allowance for premium guests
Algiers, March 1, 2012
UAE's national carrier Etihad Airways, in a major move, has increased its baggage allowances for all premium Pearl Business class and Diamond First class guests by 10kg.
Those travelling in Pearl Business class will now have an allowance of 40kg, and guests in Diamond First class will have an allowance of 50kg, the airline said in a statement.
Etihad Airways chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said: “We are delighted to be able to reward our premium guests and loyalty program members with an additional luggage allowance. At Etihad, we are always looking to make the experience of flying as simple, convenient and rewarding as possible.'
Under the scheme, members of the Etihad Guest frequent flyer program travelling in the Diamond First class or Pearl Business class cabins too will be able to enjoy additional baggage allowances.
For example, an Etihad Guest Gold member will now be able to take as much as 65kg of baggage when flying in Diamond First class.
'We believe this increased allowance will prove very popular with our guests,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia