Oman reviews tourism visa fees
Muscat, March 1, 2012
Oman has made changes to its visa fee structure for tourists, with a view to luring more tourism visitors to the Sultanate. The new arrangements come into effect immediately.
Under the new structure, the fee for a single entry tourism visa (Group 1 countries) for up to 10 days will be OR5, and for a single entry for up to a month will be OR20. Cruise arrival visas are free up to 48 hours or OR5 for multiple visits.
Sheikh Abdulmalik Al Khalili, Oman’s Minister of Tourism, said, “This is great news for Oman’s tourism industry and our international travel and tourism trade partners. The government has moved proactively to improve Oman’s competitiveness in stop-over, short-stay and conference tourism. The changes also encourage travel to Salalah and other regional destinations, and conference organizers to consider Oman as an event location.”
The Oman Ministry of Tourism sees the new arrangements as an important structural change to boost Oman’s tourism performance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley