Emirates Group company gets new CEO
Dubai, February 15, 2012
Dubai-based Macair, an Emirates Group company and a project specialist with expertise in MEP, construction and interior fit-outs, has appointed Patrick Sweeney as the new chief executive officer.
Macair is a unit of Emirates-owned Transguard Group operating alongside its other core businesses in facilities management and cash services.
Transguard Group was established in 2001 and is now a leading security services provider in the region.
Irish-born Sweeney brings with him more than 35 years’ experience in construction and engineering disciplines through a variety of senior management roles in the Middle East, said a company statement.
Having lived in Dubai since 1976, Sweeney has been involved in a vast number of construction and civil engineering projects in the GCC States including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Commenting on the appointment, managing director of Transguard Group, Mike McGeever, said: “Pat’s industry knowledge and market experience will be invaluable as we continue to develop Macair’s world-class project capability.”
Sweeney says he is relishing the challenge and sees a great deal of potential for the business.
“Macair is already a major part of the Transguard Group but I am really looking forward to exploring ways to grow our existing portfolio of clients and to establishing us in new markets,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief