Bahrain assures stable food prices
Manama, January 29, 2012
Top traders in Bahrain have briefed a senior Bahrain government minister on their efforts to provide goods at stable prices.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday visited Manama Meat Market where Bahrain Livestock Company manager Ibrahim Salman assured him of sufficient stock to meet demand.
Fruits and vegetables trader Redha Al Bustani at Manama Central Market stressed the availability of fruits and vegetables at cheap prices, praising the ministry and other authorities for facilitating the import of goods through King Fahad Causeway.
Butchers lauded the ministry's strong support.
He also visited Carrefour at Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall and was briefed on shopping activities, promotional offers and price stability.
Seef Mall marketing manager Ali Zaman gave a detailed report on promotional offers and recreational programmes to attract visitors and shoppers.
He thanked the minister for his constant follow up and role in backing commercial activities in Bahrain.
Dr Fakhro later visited Ramli Mall in A'ali and was briefed on promotional offers and the LuLu Hypermarket's Festival of India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort