Bahrain assures stable food prices
Manama, January 29, 2012
Top traders in Bahrain have briefed a senior Bahrain government minister on their efforts to provide goods at stable prices.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday visited Manama Meat Market where Bahrain Livestock Company manager Ibrahim Salman assured him of sufficient stock to meet demand.
Fruits and vegetables trader Redha Al Bustani at Manama Central Market stressed the availability of fruits and vegetables at cheap prices, praising the ministry and other authorities for facilitating the import of goods through King Fahad Causeway.
Butchers lauded the ministry's strong support.
He also visited Carrefour at Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall and was briefed on shopping activities, promotional offers and price stability.
Seef Mall marketing manager Ali Zaman gave a detailed report on promotional offers and recreational programmes to attract visitors and shoppers.
He thanked the minister for his constant follow up and role in backing commercial activities in Bahrain.
Dr Fakhro later visited Ramli Mall in A'ali and was briefed on promotional offers and the LuLu Hypermarket's Festival of India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers