Ritz-Carlton wins palace hotel award at WTA
Riyadh, January 16, 2012
The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh has been named the World’s Leading Palace Hotel at the World Travel Awards held recently in Doha.
“It is a remarkable achievement to receive such a valuable award,” says Jean-Francois Laurent, general manager of The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh.
“I present this award to our ladies and gentlemen who have shown an exemplary efforts and dedication during the last crucial time of opening our hotel."
World Travel Awards was launched to acknowledge and recognise excellence in the global travel and tourism industry. The most important decision-makers in global travel and tourism attended the show, which was held in partnership with Qatar Tourism Authority, at Katara Cultural Village.
Votes were casted by 213,000 travel professionals including travel agencies, tour and transport companies and tourism organizations in more than 160 countries across the globe.
The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh palatial interior, architectural design and landscaping together with the legendary service and signature attention to detail provided by its staff has made it unique and created a marriage of style and sense of place within the Middle East, a statement from the hotel said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement