Beverage Partners plans JV drink expansion
Vevey (Switzerland), January 7, 2012
The Coca-Cola Company and Nestlé said they have agreed to focus the geographic scope of their ready-to-drink tea joint venture Beverage Partners Worldwide (BPW) on Europe and Canada.
In Taiwan and Hong Kong, The Coca-Cola Company will enter into a licence agreement with Nestlé for the Nestea brand.
In all other territories the joint venture will be phased out in a transition to be completed by the end of 2012, subject to any regulatory approval.
In addition, the current Nestea license granted by Nestlé to The Coca-Cola Company in the United States will terminate at the end of 2012.
Over the past 10 years, BPW has delivered consistent growth to its parent companies and has expanded the Nestea brand across Europe, Canada and other markets.
Both partners believe a concentrated focus on Europe and Canada will accelerate the growth and bolster the market presence of BPW where the joint venture is most effective.
As per the agreement, both parent companies will be free to independently explore and maximize opportunities for growth in the ready-to-drink tea category in other markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief