Beverage Partners plans JV drink expansion
Vevey (Switzerland), January 7, 2012
The Coca-Cola Company and Nestlé said they have agreed to focus the geographic scope of their ready-to-drink tea joint venture Beverage Partners Worldwide (BPW) on Europe and Canada.
In Taiwan and Hong Kong, The Coca-Cola Company will enter into a licence agreement with Nestlé for the Nestea brand.
In all other territories the joint venture will be phased out in a transition to be completed by the end of 2012, subject to any regulatory approval.
In addition, the current Nestea license granted by Nestlé to The Coca-Cola Company in the United States will terminate at the end of 2012.
Over the past 10 years, BPW has delivered consistent growth to its parent companies and has expanded the Nestea brand across Europe, Canada and other markets.
Both partners believe a concentrated focus on Europe and Canada will accelerate the growth and bolster the market presence of BPW where the joint venture is most effective.
As per the agreement, both parent companies will be free to independently explore and maximize opportunities for growth in the ready-to-drink tea category in other markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers