St Regis Doha gears up for opening
Doha, January 4, 2012
The St Regis Doha is training more than 200 hospitality professionals in the past two months in preparation for its launch this year.
As workers complete the building and fit-out works on the 336-room hotel, employees are training on-site.
“We have brought a significant number of staff to the hotel early, in order to provide a comprehensive training programme before we open our doors to guests,” said Tareq Derbas, general manager of the St Regis Doha.
Training is a key part of the St. Regis Doha experience, to enable staff to anticipate guests’ needs and build the reputation of the hotel as the “finest address in Doha”, he added.
“Our plan is to make our opening season one of the highlights of the social calendar in Doha, and we are confident that we have assembled the right team to deliver this unique experience for people in Qatar and for luxury enthusiasts from around the world.”
In the last week of 2011, members of the St Regis Doha family assembled for a special event at the hotel entitled “Let the Legacy Begin”.
The team is planning a full calendar of events and culinary experiences to mark the opening of the hotel, set to take place in the first half of the year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers