St Regis Doha gears up for opening
Doha, January 4, 2012
The St Regis Doha is training more than 200 hospitality professionals in the past two months in preparation for its launch this year.
As workers complete the building and fit-out works on the 336-room hotel, employees are training on-site.
“We have brought a significant number of staff to the hotel early, in order to provide a comprehensive training programme before we open our doors to guests,” said Tareq Derbas, general manager of the St Regis Doha.
Training is a key part of the St. Regis Doha experience, to enable staff to anticipate guests’ needs and build the reputation of the hotel as the “finest address in Doha”, he added.
“Our plan is to make our opening season one of the highlights of the social calendar in Doha, and we are confident that we have assembled the right team to deliver this unique experience for people in Qatar and for luxury enthusiasts from around the world.”
In the last week of 2011, members of the St Regis Doha family assembled for a special event at the hotel entitled “Let the Legacy Begin”.
The team is planning a full calendar of events and culinary experiences to mark the opening of the hotel, set to take place in the first half of the year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer