45 countries back Dubai’s Global Village
Dubai, December 29, 2011
A total of 45 countries are offering free special shows and arts, as well as a variety of shopping opportunities, to visitors at the Global Village, an annual leisure and multicutural entertainment destination in Dubai.
Visitors can enjoy decorations starting from the main gate, entrance gates, internal lobbies, pavilion facades all of which have witnessed major changes this year. They can also ride the boats decorated with dazzling lights in the Global Village lake.
Since the Global Village season began in 1997, unique art and cultural events have captured millions of visitors such as the fabulous Dancing Fountain and Water Screen displayed for the first time the Middle East.
In addition all pavilion s will participate in entertaining folk shows. Furthermore, fireworks will add more delight and joy greeting the New Year before the start of the countdown.
The New Year celebrations at Global Village include a festive parade that will take place on Saturday evening at 11:15pm, starting from Gate 1 to roam through Global Village and ending next to Wheels of Danger Show location.
It includes rich diverse folk costumes and flags for every pavilion’s country and will present distinguished entertainment experience to the audience. Also, the parade will include special shows from the pavilion of China, Egypt, Pakistan, Yemen, Morocco, Thailand, Africa, Afghanistan, India as well as UAE’s folk show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal