Boeing delivers milestone 737 to flydubai
Seattle, December 18, 2011
Boeing recently delivered the 7,000th 737 to come off the production line to Dubai-based flydubai, making the airplane flydubai's 14th next-generation 737-800 with the new Boeing Sky Interior.
The Boeing 737 is the best-selling commercial jetliner of all time with total orders exceeding 9,300 airplanes, including orders for the new 737 MAX.
"It is incredible to be delivering our 7,000th 737. We thank flydubai and all our customers who have made the 737 the world's most popular jet airliner," said Beverly Wyse, vice president and general manager of the 737 programme.
"This success is due to the years of expertise that thousands of employees continue to build into every Boeing 737 used in private, government and commercial service."
In November 2010, flydubai had the distinction to be the first airline in the world to offer passengers an enhanced onboard experience with the brand new Boeing Sky Interior.
The recent delivery will be the 21st in flydubai's fleet and the airline has an additional 30 737-800s on order.
"We are proud to be a part of this important milestone for the 737," said Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO, flydubai. "With its continuous innovations, the Next-Generation 737 brings the right combination of operational and environmental performance to address the requirements of our markets."
"The Next-Generation 737 is a major cornerstone to flydubai's modern, fuel-efficient and economical portfolio of commercial jets,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement