Boeing delivers milestone 737 to flydubai
Seattle, December 18, 2011
Boeing recently delivered the 7,000th 737 to come off the production line to Dubai-based flydubai, making the airplane flydubai's 14th next-generation 737-800 with the new Boeing Sky Interior.
The Boeing 737 is the best-selling commercial jetliner of all time with total orders exceeding 9,300 airplanes, including orders for the new 737 MAX.
"It is incredible to be delivering our 7,000th 737. We thank flydubai and all our customers who have made the 737 the world's most popular jet airliner," said Beverly Wyse, vice president and general manager of the 737 programme.
"This success is due to the years of expertise that thousands of employees continue to build into every Boeing 737 used in private, government and commercial service."
In November 2010, flydubai had the distinction to be the first airline in the world to offer passengers an enhanced onboard experience with the brand new Boeing Sky Interior.
The recent delivery will be the 21st in flydubai's fleet and the airline has an additional 30 737-800s on order.
"We are proud to be a part of this important milestone for the 737," said Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO, flydubai. "With its continuous innovations, the Next-Generation 737 brings the right combination of operational and environmental performance to address the requirements of our markets."
"The Next-Generation 737 is a major cornerstone to flydubai's modern, fuel-efficient and economical portfolio of commercial jets,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador