Egypt PAS buys Bombardier jet
Dubai, November 15, 2011
Cairo-based Petroleum Air Services (PAS) has signed a contract with Bombardier Aerospace to acquire a CRJ900 NextGen regional jet.
The transaction also includes an option for another CRJ900 NextGen airliner, said a company statement.
'We require a proven jet aircraft to enhance services to our oil company customers and for our touristic destinations,” said General Gamil Morad Ismail, chairman and managing director, PAS.
“The CRJ900 has the performance we require in our harsh Middle Eastern operating environment; it has a comparatively low fuel burn; and based on our experience with our de Havilland and Bombardier turboprops, it will have the technical reliability we require,” he added.
It will be the first CRJ Series aircraft to operate in Egypt-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall