Emirates seals DAE leasing deal
Dubai, November 13, 2011
Dubai national carrier Emirates Airline said it has reached an agreement with DAE Capital for the leasing of nine new Boeing 777 Freighters on a long-term basis.
DAE Capital is the aircraft leasing division of Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE), a leading aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing.
These aircrafts are from DAE’s order book with Boeing and will be delivered in the 2012 – 2015 timeframe.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, chairman and CEO of Emirates Airline and Group, said this agreement ensures that Emirates SkyCargo will receive a pipeline of new, state-of-the-art, freighter aircraft over the next four years.
"Emirates SkyCargo continues to build on its leadership position in the global cargo market and these aircrafts will play an important role in this growth," he noted.
DAE managing director Khalifa H. AlDaboos said: “DAE is delighted to be able to further deepen its existing relationship with Emirates and deliver one of the most modern, technologically advanced freighter aircraft to assist Emirates as it seeks to serve increasing demand for global air cargo.”
The Dubai-headquartered DAE employs over 4,000 people in four continents.-TradeAeabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s