Emirates seals DAE leasing deal
Dubai, November 13, 2011
Dubai national carrier Emirates Airline said it has reached an agreement with DAE Capital for the leasing of nine new Boeing 777 Freighters on a long-term basis.
DAE Capital is the aircraft leasing division of Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE), a leading aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing.
These aircrafts are from DAE’s order book with Boeing and will be delivered in the 2012 – 2015 timeframe.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, chairman and CEO of Emirates Airline and Group, said this agreement ensures that Emirates SkyCargo will receive a pipeline of new, state-of-the-art, freighter aircraft over the next four years.
"Emirates SkyCargo continues to build on its leadership position in the global cargo market and these aircrafts will play an important role in this growth," he noted.
DAE managing director Khalifa H. AlDaboos said: “DAE is delighted to be able to further deepen its existing relationship with Emirates and deliver one of the most modern, technologically advanced freighter aircraft to assist Emirates as it seeks to serve increasing demand for global air cargo.”
The Dubai-headquartered DAE employs over 4,000 people in four continents.-TradeAeabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley