MINI festival to feature top regional musicians
Abu Dhabi, October 6, 2011
MINI, the automotive brand that is part of Germany-based BMW Group, is calling leading regional music artists to perform at a major upcoming MINI festival in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Hundreds of MINI owners from across the region will take part in the Drive Out Loud celebration at an evening gathering at the Aloft Hotel at the Abu Dhabi Exhibition Centre on October 27 and participate in the largest regional MINI convoy from Abu Dhabi to Dubai on the morning of October 28.
They will then join the general public for a full day of track drives, stunt shows, driver trainings, competitions, urban art, lifestyle and lots of other fun MINI festivities at the renowned Dubai Autodrome.
MINI will also wow crowds with a live evening concert featuring leading Emirati hip-hop rap duo Desert Heat, 2010 Middle East Music Award winner DJ Shadia from Jordan, Colombian singer/songwriter Fatiniza, Indie Rockers Beat Antenna and Dubai’s biggest music export Hamdan Al-Abri for a powerful blend of Soul, Jazz and R&B.
“MINI is known across the globe for championing events that embody the very notion of creativity and attitude. Drive Out Loud is the perfect example of this,” said Sarah Klippert, MINI manager in the Middle East.
“The event is designed to inspire passion and creativity and bring like-minded people from across the region together to celebrate the iconic brand. How better to conclude such an event? A live music concert that supports homegrown talent to create the ultimate MINI experience.”
Guests attending the event will also be the first to experience the new MINI Coupé, the first-ever two-seater MINI and the fifth model to join the brand's portfolio. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador