Emirates sees more orders at Dubai airshow
Dubai, September 27, 2011
Emirates, Dubai's fast-growing state airline, will likely place more orders at the Dubai airshow in November, its chairman said on Tuesday.
The carrier, the biggest customer for the Airbus A380 superjumbo with 90 orders, has previously said it planned to expand its fleet to eventually include 120 of the jets.
'It is more positive that we might sign something,' chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum said when asked about the likelihood of aircraft purchases at the airshow.
The airline's president said this week Emirates had seen no drop in demand despite a weakening global economy. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct