Etihad names new country manager in Nepal
Abu Dhabi, August 10, 2011
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has appointed Pawana Shrestha as its country manager in Nepal.
Based in Kathmandu, Shrestha will take over from outgoing acting country manager, John Rees Evans, to oversee the airline’s commercial operations in Nepal.
“I am delighted to welcome Ms Shrestha, who brings extensive experience and expertise in the travel and distribution industry, to our team in Nepal,” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer.
“Pawana will build on the work of her predecessor, John Rees Evans, who in a short time has played a major role in strengthening our commercial organisation and office in Nepal, further developing our operations to Kathmandu,” he added.
Shrestha has over 11 years’ experience in the travel industry. She began her career with Gulf Air in 1999, where she served in various roles in reservations, sales and marketing.
In November 2004, she joined Galileo, where she increased market share from 20 per cent to 46 per cent, making Galileo the leading Global Distribution System in Nepal.
Etihad commenced flights from Abu Dhabi to Kathmandu in October 2007 and operates 93 services per week from Abu Dhabi to 15 destinations within the Indian Subcontinent and 72 destinations across the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief