Qatar travel agent, Air Miles team up
Doha, June 15, 2011
Regency Travel and Tours, a leading travel agency in Qatar, has partnered with Air Miles Middle East to offer its customers the chance to collect air miles every time they make a travel purchase.
Any Air Miles member using their Air Miles card along with their HSBC Card will earn twice as many air miles every time they book with the award winning travel agent, a statement said.
“We’re delighted to now be able to reward the loyalty of our frequent customers who have consistently put their trust, time and money into our services,” said Tareq Abdullatif Taha, CEO of Regency Travel and Tours.
“However, we also see this as a fantastic way to add value for customers existing and new who purchase our travel services and we’re eventually planning to increase the scope of this loyalty programme, extending it to all our companies under Regency Group Holding,” he added.
N M Shafiq, general manager, Regency Travel and Tours, said: “Our customers already benefit from great service, but the addition of Air Miles further differentiates our offering from the competition, which we hope will increase loyalty, customer retention and help our expansion into new segments.”
“We opted for Air Miles as it’s a respected loyalty brand worldwide and offers flexible, current and relevant rewards for our valued customers - giving them the ability to both earn and redeem Air Miles with us.”
Air Miles Middle East’s commercial director Paul Lacey said: “This is a significant development in Air Miles’ history in Qatar, as partnering with the country’s premier travel agency gives our members the opportunity to earn air miles every time they travel.”
“Our major focus for Qatar is to align our brand with more partners in order to further improve the loyalty programme we offer our members, providing more opportunities to save for rewards through everyday spending.”
“Regency Travel and Tours this year retained the Middle East Leading Travel Agency award for the fifth time in a row at the World Travel Awards and partners of the calibre of Regency Travel and Tours is exactly the strength of brand we’re looking to add to our member offering,” Lacey said.
“As part of our ongoing strategy, we’re negotiating with other major brands in Qatar and throughout the region as we look to continue to expand the programme,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare