Marriott to open 50 new hotels by 2015
New York, June 7, 2011
Hotel operator Marriott International said it plans to open 50 new locations for its signature chain, focusing on emerging tourism and business travel destinations such as China and Russia.
Marriott said the Marriott Hotels and Resorts locations to open in the next four years will include a 295-room hotel in Shanghai and a 364-room location in Jaipur, India.
Of the 50 planned hotels, 24 will be in Asia. Other emerging markets that will get hotels include Rwanda, Thailand, Algeria and Vietnam.
Six of the new hotels will be in the United States, including locations in Milwaukee and Washington, DC.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal