Gulf Air to fly Alexandria from June 9
Manama, May 30, 2011
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, will resume its flights between Alexandria and the kingdom from June 9.
Gulf Air will operate four flights per week from Bahrain to Egypt’s most popular Mediterranean beach and cultural destination, Alexandria, to meet the summer season rush. The carrier's flights will be operated to and from Alexandria’s new Borg Al Arab Airport.
“Alexandria has always been a popular destination for our customers, and come summer, the demand will be even higher. This time we have introduced a split schedule with morning and evening flights so that our customers can choose a flight that suits their convenience,” stated Gulf Air area commercial manager Middle East Yaqoob Al Hajiri.
Gulf Air currently operates 14 weekly flights to and from Egypt, 10 flights from the capital Cairo, and 4 flights from Alexandria.
In addition, during this summer, Gulf Air will be launching services to three new destinations- Kabul from June 15, Copenhagen- its first service to Scandinavia- from July 1 and Nairobi from July 5.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers