Mercator wins award for cargo IT solution
Dubai, May 22, 2011
Mercator, the IT services business of Emirates Group, has been named the winner of the World’s Best Cargo IT Solution Award at the 2011 Air Cargo Week World Air Cargo Awards.
The awards were presented at a gala evening in Germany attended by global representatives from the logistics industry.
Mercator’s SkyChain product is an industry-leading solution for the cargo industry. By facilitating the development, streamlining and re-engineering of a number of key business processes, it delivers measurable value to customers’ bottom line, a statement said.
“Our approach in systematically incorporating the customer’s voice into product development is paying dividends, with demand for our cargo solutions continuing to grow across six continents,” said Duncan Alexander, vice president Mercator.
“Providing our customers across the airfreight supply chain with a solution that helps them address both their existing and future challenges, such as electronic data interchange (EDI), is key to our success and theirs.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments