GHD wins tourism project award
Doha, March 30, 2011
Australia-based GHD, a leading engineering and environmental consulting firm, has won the Leisure and Tourism Project of the Year Award - Qatar at the recent Meed Quality Awards for Projects.
GHD was recognised for its role as principal consultant for the Grand Hyatt Resort; a 250-room, five-star resort located in Doha’s West Bay.
The first of their kind in the region, the Meed Quality Awards for Projects are designed to recognise and reward industry-leading practice in construction projects throughout the GCC region.
The merit-based awards are judged by professional and independent members of the engineering community, including the Gulf Engineering Forum and the Society of Engineers within each GCC nation.
“We are honoured to be recognised for a project that we have seen come to life from initial conception over the past few years,” said Michael Kemp, GHD Qatar manager.
“The Grand Hyatt is a fantastic example of the full service offering that GHD provides, from engineering and architectural design through to construction supervision,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria