GHD wins tourism project award
Doha, March 30, 2011
Australia-based GHD, a leading engineering and environmental consulting firm, has won the Leisure and Tourism Project of the Year Award - Qatar at the recent Meed Quality Awards for Projects.
GHD was recognised for its role as principal consultant for the Grand Hyatt Resort; a 250-room, five-star resort located in Doha’s West Bay.
The first of their kind in the region, the Meed Quality Awards for Projects are designed to recognise and reward industry-leading practice in construction projects throughout the GCC region.
The merit-based awards are judged by professional and independent members of the engineering community, including the Gulf Engineering Forum and the Society of Engineers within each GCC nation.
“We are honoured to be recognised for a project that we have seen come to life from initial conception over the past few years,” said Michael Kemp, GHD Qatar manager.
“The Grand Hyatt is a fantastic example of the full service offering that GHD provides, from engineering and architectural design through to construction supervision,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit