RJ, Goodrich sign maintenance agreement
Charlotte, February 1, 2011
Royal Jordanian Airlines, the national airline of Jordan, has signed a nacelle services agreement US-based Goodrich Corporation for support of its Airbus A320, A340 and Embraer E195 fleets.
The five-year prime solutions agreement covers maintenance and support of nacelles and thrust reversers for the airline's fleet of V2500-powered Airbus A320s, CF34-10E powered Embraer 195s and CFM56-5C- powered Airbus A340s.
The agreement will be managed through Goodrich's Dubai campus in Jebel Ali, UAE, which will provide the regional support to this national airline of Jordan.
"This agreement demonstrates the breadth of services we offer on different aircraft types that are in different stages of their lifecycles,” said Bob Gustafson, Goodrich Aerostructures vice president and general manager of Aftermarket Services.
“From the newer E195 airplanes to the more mature A320s and the out-of-production CFM56-5C nacelles on the A340-200, Goodrich is committed to offering world-class nacelle maintenance services on all of these programmes,” he added.
In addition to demonstrating the breadth of services and programmes offered, Gustafson added that the agreement is another example of an airline recognizing the value of securing long-term nacelle services with a locally positioned nacelle MRO.
"Goodrich's Dubai campus is strategically located to provide local services to airlines so that they can achieve time and cost savings from having repairs performed on large components close to their main operating bases," he said.
Royal Jordanian president and CEO Hussein Dabbas said: "We are pleased to put this Prime Solutions agreement into place and that the work will be performed at the Goodrich Dubai campus, which is close to the Royal Jordanian base in Amman, Jordan.”
"The A320s, A340s and Embraer 195s represent a significant portion of the airline's fleet and we look forward to the maintenance work being performed by a well-known, renowned nacelle MRO,” he added.
Prime Solutions is a comprehensive suite of maintenance services and asset/inventory management programmes that can be fully customized to meet any airline's needs for nacelle maintenance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn