Al Qasba honours sponsors
Sharjah, December 27, 2010
Al Qasba Development Authority (AQDA), which is responsible for development of Al Qasba, a retreat on Sharjah waterfront, recently organised a special dinner to honour its sponsors and partners.
Honouring more than 50 sponsors, Al Qasba’s CEO, Marwan Jassim Al Sarkal thanked all the partners and sponsors and promised further success in 2011.
“We have organized this special evening to honour our sponsors and partners and thank them on behalf of the family of Al Qasba for their continuous support and never ending trust,” said Hazem Sawaf, sales and marketing director at AQDA.
“As the New Year looms ahead, we look forward to developing and continuing our long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationship with them,” he added.
Abdul Aziz Taryam, general manager, Northern Emirates – Etisalat, said: “Etisalat is proud of its long-term partnership with Al Qasba. This collaboration is in line with the vision of His Highness Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, Member of Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, calling for cooperation between all sectors in order to enrich Sharjah’s tourism and culture, while also boosting the Emirate’s economy.”
“We are excited about our ongoing partnership with Al Qasba that is now considered amongst the most distinguished destinations in the UAE, thanks to the quality of events it hosts. Finally I would like to thank Al Qasba Development Authority for this award that recognizes Etisalat’s active support of Al Qasba 2010 activities and our sponsorship for Etisalat-Eye of the Emirates,” he concluded.
Du, a leading telecom service provider in the UAE, was felicitated for its support to Al Qasba’s activities. Ahmad Aburahima, vice president, government relations in du received a trophy on behalf of the company.
Hala Badri, EVP, brand and communications at du, said:”It was a pleasure to support activities of Al Qasba in 2010 and we are honoured to have contributed to the success of one of the main icons in the UAE. As a UAE national company, we will continue to support the activities which contribute to the UAE’s culture and heritage. We wish Al Qasba continued success in the new year.
The event, which started at 8 pm, included a welcome speech by Al Sarkal, a video on Al Qasba’s 2010 events, a live music performance and the awarding ceremony. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare