Saudi boat show opens in Jeddah
Jeddah, December 9, 2010
The 2010 Saudi International Boat Show, which opened yesterday, is expected to attract more than 30,000 commercial and consumer buyers.
Organised by Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), managed by Al Ahlam Marine Tourism Group and endorsed by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities, the show features the products and services of 135 companies and brands from 19 countries.
The show, which was opened by Prince Mishal Bin Majed Bin Abdulaziz, the Governor of Jeddah, will run till December 11 at the Al Furusya Marina & Yacht Club in Jeddah.
Supported by key government entities such as the Jeddah Islamic Port, Jeddah Police, Jeddah Coast Guards, Jeddah Port Customs Authority, Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Jeddah Municipality and Ministry of Foreign Affairs this year’s event introduces 14 new Saudi organisations and brands alongside 74 first-time representatives from leading Asia, North American, European and Australasian players such as Japan Marine, Trinity Yachts, Romeo Marine and Westport.
The show features a Marina Display Area that showcases top-of-the-range models from the world's leading boat manufacturers in what is the largest display of superyachts, leisure crafts, fishing boats, power and sailing boats in the Kingdom as well as a dedicated Supplies & Services Pavilion displaying an extensive range of navigation equipment, engines and fixtures and fittings.
Visitors to the event will also be able to enjoy the unique Saudi International Boat Show Dive Village presented by Dream Divers offering diving lessons and courses as well as trials and prize giveaways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers