Sahara Centre hosts water festival parade
Dubai, December 6, 2010
Sahara Centre, the leading family shopping destination in the UAE, hosted the Sharjah Water Festival official parade with renowned global theatre group Saltimbanco Italiano in the mall.
The parade, held recently featured Mouj, the official mascot of the festival, along with other characters representing marine life.
This is the second consecutive year that Sahara Centre is supporting the Water Festival and the F1 Powerboat World Championships, which will run until December 11 at Al Majaz Waterfront and Khalid Lagoon.
The centre is also providing prime space in the mall before and during the festival to promote, attract and encourage visitors to participate in the water festival.
A turnout of more than 170,000 people is expected for the festival and is the biggest tourist event on the emirate's calendar.
“Sharjah Water Festival is a wonderful opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to various innovative and distinctive family entertainment events in Sharjah,” said Akram Ammar, general manager of Sahara Centre.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall