Ferrari World Abu Dhabi inaugurated
Abu Dhabi, December 2, 2010
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world's first Ferrari theme park on Yas Island, was officially inaugurated last night.
Hosted by Aldar Properties and Ferrari SpA, 2000 VIP guests were present for the opening ceremony and private viewing of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
Guests included Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Franco Frattini, Italian Foreign Minister; Giorgio Starace, Italian Ambassador to the UAE; Luca di Montezemolo, chairman of Ferrari; and Ferrari Formula 1 team drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, who were treated to a spectacular show to celebrate the achievement of Aldar and Ferrari in delivering the world's largest indoor theme park, home to Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster.
The show - titled Power meets Elegance - blended the stories of Abu Dhabi and Ferrari through a mix of live action, acrobatics, advanced film projection techniques and original music.
'Aldar's work with Ferrari was a meeting of minds with a clear vision to create an experience that is unique, fun and inspirational,' stated Ahmed Al Sayegh, chairman of Aldar Properties.
'I would like to thank all those who made this dream a reality, and in particular our partners and the leadership of Abu Dhabi. We are very proud of our partners Aldar who share with Ferrari the same passion, the same vision, the same will to go beyond,' added Luca di Montezemolo, chairman of Ferrari.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- Saudi sees $5.3bn hotel projects in pipeline
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah