Qatar tourism signs up for Aspire4Sport
Doha, November 14, 2010
Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) has signed up as official partner for the Aspire4Sport Conference & Expo, which will take place at Doha’s Aspire Dome from November 15 to 18.
Aspire4Sport is a combined congress and exhibition that will bring together all elements of the sporting world for four days of business, debate and entertainment.
The debut event will feature many sports associations, organizations, federations, brands and companies and expects to attract over 2000 delegates and visitors.
As per the partnership agreement, QTA will welcome sports fans and guests at the inaugural sports exhibition with a booth in the hospitality section.
QTA representatives will distribute tourism brochures, maps as well as serve traditional Arabic coffee and dates during the event. They will also arrange special activities for visitors besides showcasing Qatari and Arabic customs including henna art, calligraphy, music and dance.
Over the four-day event, there will be forums on many topics relevant to sports today – from media to medicine and education to bidding for major sports events.
Numerous sports personalities as well as some of the world’s best coaches will be at the event to answer questions and to give insight into their techniques.
“Sport has always played an important role in the lives of Qatar’s residents,” said Ahmed Al Nuaimi, chairman of QTA.
“Most of Qatar’s sporting venues are open to the public in an effort to encourage residents to adopt a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise. Sports has been identified as one of the key pillars of the tourism strategy for Qatar, he added.
Some of the top Qatar hotels including Sharq Village & Spa, Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Center, Intercontinental Doha, Grand Hyatt Doha, Grand Regency Hotel, Millennium Hotel Doha, Doha Marriott Hotel, Kempinski Residences & Suites Doha and Movenpick Tower & Suites will be at the QTA stand.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Qatar Tourism Authority |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall