Oman outlines Ramadan, Eid plans
Muscat, September 2, 2010
Entertaining and educational sight-seeing over the four-day Eid period are among the activities laid out in the 2010 Ramadan and Eid programme of Oman’s Ministry of Tourism.
The programme, which will run until September 9, will see children visiting heritage locations in Oman’s interior region such as the Cultural Village in Bahla, Marah Land, Sawadi Beach, and Wadi Andam.
Family-themed events such as group Iftars, cultural and religious contests such as Quran memorization, and competitions in sports such as soccer and table tennis are also included in the Ramadan and Eid calendar.
“Last year’s Ramadan and Eid agenda was highly successful, so we are making sure that we have the right facilities, amenities and support for local businesses to repeat if not surpass 2009’s results,” said Gamal Sadek, Director, Sultanate of Oman Ministry of Tourism Representative Offices, GCC.
“This season we shall once again fulfill our social responsibilities while supporting Oman’s overall economic growth. We call on the local business community to partner with us in securing a larger number of tourists while showcasing Oman’s unique heritage,” he added.
The Oman government expects such events to accelerate tourism development and exceed the projected 3 per cent share of the tourism sector to the local GDP by the end of Oman’s five-year plan spanning 2011 to 2015.
The World Travel and Tourism Council has predicted that Oman’s tourism sector will post the highest growth in the Middle East and the third-highest in the world in 2010, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers