SITL Dubai and Airport Show to co-locate
Dubai, July 4, 2010
Reed Exhibitions Middle East has announced that SITL Dubai 2011 and Airport Show 2011 will be held concurrently from May 31 to June 2, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Both exhibitions will complement each other and gather suppliers of equipment and services covering all areas of airport development and operations. It will also draw shippers, transport and logistics services providers at the same arena, offering a more comprehensive networking platform for the region’s industry.
The year 2011 will mark the 11th edition of the Airport Show, the only event in the region dedicated to airport construction, operations, technology and services. It will also witness the second edition of SITL Dubai, a unique business to business event that offers a complete access to all aspects supply chain management.
“The synergy between The Airport Show and SITL Dubai is the underlying factor that made us link the two shows to offer a highly integrated and complete logistics experience to the region,” said Mohamad Bader-Eddin, show director, Reed Exhibitions Middle East.
“Participants will also have the chance to meet with a greater number of decision-makers in the transport and logistics industry, airline, aviation and airport sectors, as well as regulatory bodies and government entities, and gain exposure to a larger and more diverse network of visitors and interested stakeholders.”
“Moreover, the co-location of the shows will allow the delivery of a broader conference and seminar programmes that will headline the two events. In particular, the Hosted Buyer programme will offer exhibitors an increased opportunity to meet with potential buyers.”
The Airport Show is supported by leading aviation authorities and trade bodies including Dubai Airports, Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Dubai Civil Aviation, German Airport Technology & Equipment (GATE), British Aviation Group, British Airport Services & Equipment Association, Danish Airport Group, Ubifrance (the French Agency for international business development), and Netherlands Airport Technology Group.
SITL Dubai is endorsed by participants such as Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (Jafza), DP World, National Association of Freight and Logistics (NAFL), International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (Fiata), the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and Logistics City.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas