Enoc refuels debut flight at new Dubai airport
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Enoc Aviation became the first supplier to provide jet fuel to an aircraft at the new Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali on June 20.
This aircraft was an Emirates airline cargo flight from Hong Kong to Düsseldorf.
When fully completed, Al Maktoum International Airport will be the world’s largest passenger and cargo hub with a design capacity of over 12 million tonnes of cargo a year and in excess of 120 million passengers annually and capable of handling all new generation aircraft.
The airport will be ten times the size of Dubai International Airport and Dubai Cargo Village combined, a statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief