Enoc refuels debut flight at new Dubai airport
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Enoc Aviation became the first supplier to provide jet fuel to an aircraft at the new Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali on June 20.
This aircraft was an Emirates airline cargo flight from Hong Kong to Düsseldorf.
When fully completed, Al Maktoum International Airport will be the world’s largest passenger and cargo hub with a design capacity of over 12 million tonnes of cargo a year and in excess of 120 million passengers annually and capable of handling all new generation aircraft.
The airport will be ten times the size of Dubai International Airport and Dubai Cargo Village combined, a statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest