Abu Dhabi F1 ticket sales top 50pc mark
Abu Dhabi, June 5, 2010
More than half the tickets for November’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have been sold within two weeks of going on sale – well ahead of results for the same period a year ago for last year’s sell-out event.
Tickets went on sale for the UAE community on May 16 and globally on May 17, and 52 per cent had been sold by yesterday (June 4), with the bulk of buyers to date living in the UAE and Europe.
“We’re delighted with the initial sales success,” said Richard Cregan, chief executive officer of Yas Marina Circuit, which will host the race from November 12 to 14.
“This is a reflection of the following and interest that the event has generated. I believe that our policy of charging the same price for all grandstand seats this year is resonating with fans.”
“We still have tickets available in all the grandstands, but they are selling fast. Now is the time to buy, before people find their preferred area is no longer available,’ Cregan added.
Tickets are offered in three categories: Grandstand, Premium Category 1 and Paddock Club. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar