Abu Dhabi F1 ticket sales top 50pc mark
Abu Dhabi, June 5, 2010
More than half the tickets for November’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have been sold within two weeks of going on sale – well ahead of results for the same period a year ago for last year’s sell-out event.
Tickets went on sale for the UAE community on May 16 and globally on May 17, and 52 per cent had been sold by yesterday (June 4), with the bulk of buyers to date living in the UAE and Europe.
“We’re delighted with the initial sales success,” said Richard Cregan, chief executive officer of Yas Marina Circuit, which will host the race from November 12 to 14.
“This is a reflection of the following and interest that the event has generated. I believe that our policy of charging the same price for all grandstand seats this year is resonating with fans.”
“We still have tickets available in all the grandstands, but they are selling fast. Now is the time to buy, before people find their preferred area is no longer available,’ Cregan added.
Tickets are offered in three categories: Grandstand, Premium Category 1 and Paddock Club. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief