Gulf Air, Jet Airways ink codeshare deal
Manama, April 1, 2010
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, and Jet Airways, a leading Indian airliner, have signed a codeshare agreement, enhancing network connectivity on services between Bahrain and India.
As per the agreement, which comes into effect from April 12, Gulf Air will place its flight code on Jet Airways’ daily services between Mumbai and Bahrain while Jet Airways will place its flight code on all Gulf Air-operated flights between Bahrain and Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
“The codeshare agreement with Jet Airways will enable both carriers to further leverage their respective networks, offering passengers enhanced connectivity, seamless transfers between flights, baggage checked-through to their final destination and a host of other benefits including the fastest and most frequent access to the Middle East region,” said Samer Majali, Gulf Air CEO.
“This agreement makes commercial sense for both carriers to achieve further revenue synergies by utilizing each others leadership position in their respective market niches,” he concluded.
“Besides offering enhanced connectivity to Bahrain from several cities in India, the agreement will also enable our guests from Bahrain to tap into our unmatched domestic network, besides complimenting our existing frequent flyer partnership,” said Nikos Kardassis, CEO, Jet Airways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return