Qatar, Spain discuss tourism cooperation
Doha, March 22, 2010
Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) chairman Ahmed Al Nuaimi exchanged views with Spanish Ambassador to Qatar Juan Jose Santos-Aguado on tourism coordination between Qatar and Spain.
The meeting comes after the European Roadshow organised by QTA promoting Qatar as a premier destination to business travel professionals in Europe, where Madrid was the first city on the tour.
The two sides discussed ideas on cooperation between the two countries on tourism, and various investments in tourism in both the private and public sectors.
Al Nuaimi and Santos-Aguado also discussed signing a memorandum of understanding between the two countries to further bilateral cooperation in tourism, as well as the opportunity for Spain to stage an exhibition in Qatar promoting Spanish-made materials and products. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief