Hotel bookings triple for Burj Khalifa opening
Dubai, January 6, 2010
Eye of Dubai, a web portal that provides interactive services, said that the amount of hotel reservations made through the website jumped 300 per cent around the inauguration of Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
Over 12,000 people were around the Burj to witness the historical event and hotels have reported soaring average of 90 per cent occupancy rate for the night of the January 4, a statement said.
The Dubai government estimated that two billion people around the world have watched the inauguration of the world's tallest tower.
“The fact that our website has witnessed a dramatic increase in the amount of hotel reservations around the inauguration of Burj Khalifa is a very strong indicator,” said Abdullah Al Harbi, CEO of Eye of Dubai.
“With all the positive attention that the event received from regional and international media, I believe the launch of such an international landmark will have a powerful role in reviving the city’s tourism and hospitality industry. It is an event that showed the world that Dubai is still one of the most attractive cities to visit or live in, and it will continue to be so for a very long time” Al Harbi added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments