Jazeera Airways Q3 falls 53.2pc
Kuwait City, November 12, 2009
Kuwaiti low-cost carrier Jazeera Airways posted a 53.2 percent fall in third-quarter net profit on Thursday.
Net income in the three months to Sept. 30 came in at 762,745 dinars ($2.67 million), down from 1.63 million dinars it made in the year earlier period.
Net loss in the nine months to Sept. 30 came in at 1.47 million dinars, compared with 1.48 million dinars of net profit it made in the year earlier period, Jazeera said in a statement on the Kuwaiti bourse website.
Jazeera, which aims to fly 82 routes in the Middle East within the next five years, competes with UAE-based Air Arabia and Dubai-based carrier flydubai which started operations this year.
Jazeera's chief executive Stefan Pichler told Reuters in August he saw a turnaround in the latter part of 2009 as business travellers turn to budget airlines.
Shares of Jazeera fell 4.5 percent on Thursday, underperforming Kuwait's main index which closed 0.7 percent down. Earnings were announced after trading hours.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas