Ski Dubai celebrates its 3 millionth visitor
Dubai, August 20, 2009
Abu Dhabi-based Adil Al Kindi became Ski Dubai's three millionth visitor, winning an array of prizes that included an all expenses paid holiday to the ski resort of Seefeld in Austria.
The gifts Adil received for being the individual who marked the important milestone included skiing lessons, a six-month membership for Ski Dubai, a pair of Atomic skis and an Emirates Holidays ski package for two to Austria.
Adil admits that at the moment he doesn’t ski, but says that this is something that will change now.
“The centre has established itself as one of the most popular leisure destinations for the city and its reputation extends right across the world, meaning that it has become a must-see attraction for residents and tourists alike,” said Mike Mahoney, general manager at Ski Dubai.
“We have seasoned regular visitors as well as new customers keen to sample the unique experience of indoor winter sports activities,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class