Marriott hosts HR meeting
Manama, August 10, 2009
The Marriott Executive Apartments, the upscale serviced apartment brand of Marriott International, recently hosted an HR leaders meeting for four- and five-star hotels in Bahrain.
Hosted in cooperation with the Specific Council for Training in Hospitality (SCTH) sector, the meeting was attended by more than 20 hotels’ senior human resources personnel and representatives of the SCTH sector.
Discussion involved Bahrainisation in hotel sector where head of corporate service bureau in the Ministry of Labour, Farooq Jaffar, listened to the hoteliers’ concerns and showed his understanding of their challenges in the field of workforce.
Jaffar said that the Ministry of Labour is keen to facilitate and work closely with all tourism stakeholders in order to enhance the Bahrainisation program in hotel sector.
Jaffar added that he was looking forward to attending follow up meetings to generate more beneficial cooperation between the Ministry of Labour and the hotel sector.
"I believe this meeting was an eye opener and an opportunity for generating ideas from the HR professionals in the hotels sector, on how to create a mutual cooperation between the sector and the government with regards to the Kingdom initiative of Bahrainisation,” said Loay Mamdouh, human resources manager at Marriott. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head