Oman Air to promote tourism at Paris show
Oman, March 16, 2009
Oman Air is teaming up with the Ministry of Tourism for a ‘Oman workshop’ in Paris starting tomorrow (March 17).
This is the seventh Oman workshop in Paris, which will be represented by vice president commercial, Barry Brown and senior manager sales Abdulrazaq Alraisi.
“Oman Air is committed to promoting Oman as the leading up-market leisure destination in the Middle East,” said Barry Brown.
“Together with the Ministry of Tourism under our Partnership Oman Banner we work together with all tourism stakeholders in a co-ordinated approach to share information on the fabulous tourism secrets that are found in Oman.”
There are 23 other companies as well that are participating in this workshop at Paris, joining hands with the Ministry of Tourism.
With Paris as one of the new destinations for 2009, Oman Air plans to make Oman a “must see” destination for more discerning European travellers. More recently the carrier announced a host of new destinations at ITB on March 11.
These announcements coincided with the carrier’s much awaited release of their new aircraft design and onboard product offering.
Abdulrazaq Alraisi said: “Taking part in the Paris tourism workshop is an important step as Oman Air expands into European markets.
“It gives us a unique opportunity to show-case our products and services to a market that will soon feel Oman Air's presence.
“Europe continues to be Oman’s largest growing tourism market and we will be the only non-stop operator to Muscat with brand new wide-body Airbus A330’s combined with state of the art interior services. The recent visit by President Sarkozy emphasises the strong bilateral cooperation that exists between our two nations,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers