Special stamps to mark DDF anniversary
Dubai, December 21, 2008
Emirates Post has issued commemorative stamps to mark the 25th anniversary of Dubai Duty Free (DDF) in four denominations (Dh.1, 2, 3 and 4), across all post offices in the UAE.
In addition, first-day covers of Dh11 each, will be available at the philatelic counters of Karama, Deira and Abu Dhabi post offices.
“Dubai Duty Free has become a landmark brand for Dubai and its growth in just 25 years has been phenomenal,” said Ibrahim Bin Karam, CEO of Emirates Post.
“Dubai Duty Free has become a favourite stop for residents, visitors and transit passengers alike. DDF achieved this stature because of its high standards, innovative approach and competitive pricing. Emirates Post is delighted to salute Dubai Duty Free with this set of special commemorative stamps.”
Commenting on the commemorative stamps, Colm McLoughlin, managing director of Dubai Duty Free said, “I am delighted to mark the 25th anniversary of the operation with these commemorative stamps and I would like to thank Emirates Post for their cooperation in producing these.”
DDF was launched on December 20, 1983 and the sales on the first day wasDh160,000, while the annual sales had reached Dh70 million.
This year the operation will pass sales of $1 billion with Dubai Duty Free contributing 6 per cent to the global duty free industry.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria