Etihad loyalty programme crosses a milestone
Abu Dhabi, December 19, 2008
Etihad Airways continues to pass major milestones during 2008 - the airline’s fifth year of operation - with the news that the 500,000th customer has enrolled with the airline’s award-winning Etihad Guest loyalty programme.
To mark the occasion the Abu Dhabi-based airline awarded Mohammed Al Jurishy, the 500,000th Etihad Guest member, with 100,000 Etihad Guest miles.
“It is a fantastic achievement that 500,000 customers have joined the Etihad Guest programme in a little more than two years and congratulations to Mohammed for winning the 100,000 miles,” said Etihad Airways’ executive vice-president, marketing and product, Peter Baumgartner.
“I hope he enjoys spending the miles in the innovative Etihad Guest reward shop which has been specifically designed to offer our members maximum flexibility on how they spend their accrued miles, whether it is in the lifestyle, shopping or donations section.”
Etihad Guest was launched in August 2006 and has received industry-wide praise and awards for its innovative service including the multitude of rewards available to members.
“It was a great honour to be the 500,000th customer to join the Etihad Guest programme. I fly regularly with Etihad and should have joined earlier because it is so quick and easy to do online,” said Al Jurishy, who lives in Abu Dhabi.
“I haven’t decided yet what I’ll spend the miles on, but I’ll probably use them to take my wife and daughter to Jordan to see our family and friends.”
Members of Etihad Guest have also donated more than 600,000 ‘miles’ to humanitarian and environmental charities and projects across the world through the scheme’s reward shop. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas