Etihad chauffeur service for Geneva customers
Abu Dhabi, September 30, 2008
Etihad Airways has introduced a complimentary new luxury chauffeur service for its premium customers travelling to and from Geneva airport in Switzerland.
All the airline’s first and business class customers are eligible for the Etihad Chauffeur service for up to 60 kilometres radius to and from Geneva airport. This is in continuation of Etihad's efforts to enhance the experience it offers customers on the ground, said an airline official.
The airline has selected the 'Mercedes S' series for first class customers and the 'Mercedes E' series for business class customers.
Geert Boven, Etihad Airways’ executive vice president sales and services, said: “Etihad has established a reputation for providing the very highest standards of hospitality and Etihad Chauffeur is a further example of our service quality.'
“We believe that the experience our customers have on the ground is just as important as the one they experience with us in the air. Travelling to and from the airport often can sometimes leave passengers feeling pressured, something the new chauffeur service totally eliminates,” he noted.
Etihad has chosen Elite Rent-a-Car, one of Switzerland’s prominent chauffeured transportation companies, to provide the new service.
Customers flying into Geneva from Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways will be met at the 'arrival' area and escorted to their limousine by their chauffeur, ensuring little time is wasted at the airport.
The Etihad Chauffeur service is available also to the airline’s premium customers at Abu Dhabi, London Heathrow, Manchester, Dublin, Bangkok, New York, Munich, Frankfurt, Paris, Sydney and Toronto, with more destinations to be added during 2008 and 2009.
Etihad flies to Geneva four times per week. Flight EY53 departs on Tuesdays and Saturdays from Abu Dhabi at 2:20 am, and arrives in Geneva at 7:10 am the same day. Return flight EY54 departs from Geneva on the same days at 11:10 am, and arrives in Abu Dhabi at 7:25 pm the same day.
Two additional flights take place on Thursdays and Fridays. Flight EY51 departs from the UAE capital at 2:35 pm, and arrives in Geneva at 7:25 pm the same day. The return flight, EY52 departs from Geneva on Thursdays and Fridays at 9:50 pm, and arrives in Abu Dhabi at 6:05 am the following day.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn